Thursday, July 15, 2010

A contribution

This one was inspired by a pond that I often walk around. I'll bury it there:

Nature trail prance –

A one mile promenade around

The green slimed pond –

Fine for the heart

And spirit


Bright moist clippings

Stick to my soles

Like wet static

Until the forested needle carpet

Exchanges green with brown

Fresh with humus


A hindered progression –

Low, prickly archways and

Untamed overgrowth remind

Of intrusion as deerflies alight

And bite – I think a cap next time

As I elude in spurts


A bird’s song – a warbler?

I never could remember

Who is who


A fox settles in the sun

Confident pup – regal and

Unaware of observation –

Too far for a cell phone pic


I’m hot and I sweat –

There is little air

In such dense confines with

Scents of scat

On the windless path


Brown ghosts

Wary in the brush –

A snort and gone

In a rustle


Back on grass –

A goose provoked tiptoe

To the car with a breath –

The forced world awaits.



d.g.pratt

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Dave for the contribution, I'll be interested to see how you feel after you bury it. I have found the whole process quite liberating.

    ReplyDelete